4.8 miles from Cachuma Lake
Discover a one-of-a-kind getaway filled with adventure at this historic vacation rental, originally a stagecoach stop built in the late 1800s. The 1-bedroom, 1-bath retreat sits atop the famous 154 Drive through the hills of Santa Barbara and boasts a tremendous view right out to the ocean. While the cabin offers all the creature comfort amenities, there are also 2 outdoor showers and a teak wood hot tub beneath the plum tree. Let down your hair and enjoy nature at this secluded slice of heaven!
-- THE PROPERTY --
** There are a total of three cabins on the property, so if you have any questions the owner/manager resides in one, and our carpenter/landscaper in the other **
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Reading Room: Queen Daybed
A unique paradise awaits you upon arrival, with a wooden footbridge, small waterfall, and your private spa beneath a plum tree leading to the doorway. The Redwood hot tub automatically heats each morning at 6 am, so run out before breakfast to warm your core before enjoying a plum from the tree.
The property's carpenter and landscaper will happily offer a tour of the grounds and take you to pet the animals; a sheep, a goat, and a pig, if you'd like to meet them! When you're not hiking the surrounding trails, unwind with your favorite refreshments on the shaded deck, complete with wicker armchairs and a comfy sofa.
Inside, an electric fireplace and a wood-burning stove with provided firewood create a cozy environment for cool evenings after the sun sets. The well-equipped kitchenette includes a refrigerator, single-burner stovetop, coffee maker, and all the pots, pans, cutlery, cooking utensils, and other essentials needed for home-cooking.
Prepare a hot breakfast and coffee in the morning, then spread out in the spacious living room boasting rustic, exposed beam-ceilings, open the sliding doors, and get lost in a good book with a gentle breeze. After a day of climbing, hiking, and exploring wine country, you'll have one private bedroom featuring a hand-carved queen bed, and a daybed in the reading room that pulls out into a queen bed for peaceful sleeping arrangements. The reading room has a screen room divider for your privacy.
-- THE LOCATION --
Surrounded by stunning, destination must-hikes that can be found in any local guidebook, this San Marcos treasure invites couples, friends, small families, and any outdoors enthusiast on a dream getaway. You're just a short 5-minute drive from the famous rock climbing destinations of 'Lizards Mouth,' The Playground, and local hot springs. If you love cycling, the painted Cave road cuts right down the hillside and is visited by top cyclists in the world, daily.
Villa San Marcos also sits between downtown Santa Barbara and California wine country, so be sure to visit the local vineyards. Nearby Lake Cachuma also offers excellent water sports activities and stunning views.
The famous Coldsprings Tavern lies just around the corner - a must-do for a fun night out during your stay. This cozy mountain gem boasts huge, street barbecue cook-ups as the town comes out with their vintage cars or bikes to enjoy local live bands; an outstanding experience you won't find at another vacation rental!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchenette with cast iron pans, pots, a refrigerator, single-burner stovetop, and more, a starter pack of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, and more, an electric fireplace, wood-burning stove (firewood provided), professional outdoor landscaping with a running waterfall, teak hot tub, 2 outdoor showers, property sheep, goat, and pig, ocean views, ample parking, and more
- This property is fully handicap accessible with up-to-code ramps
- Beautiful, private location on top of the famous 154 drive in the Santa Barbara hills - Enjoy easy access to downtown and surrounding wine country. Drive 5-minutes to Lizards Mouth and explore all the nearby climbing sites and hiking trails. Head just around the corning to Coldsprings Tavern, visit nearby Lake Cachuma, and much more!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Santa Barbara Municipal Airport - 500 James Fowler Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93117, (~14 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly
- There are a total of three cabins on the property, so if you have any questions the owner/manager resides in one, and our carpenter/landscaper in the other
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Any overnight guest beyond 4 will include a $30 per person, per stay fee
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Please note, this home does not allow children younger than 12 years of age